Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Crappin' Lightning

"A WOMAN has suffered severe burning to her anus after being struck by lightning that hit her in the mouth and passed right through her body.

Natasha Timarovic, 27, was cleaning her teeth in her home in the Croatian city of Zadar when lightning struck the building. She said: 'I had just put my mouth under the tap to rinse away the toothpaste when the lightning must have struck the building. I don't remember much after that, but I was later told that the lightning had travelled down the water pipe and struck me on the mouth, passing through my body. It was incredibly painful, I felt it pass through my torso and then I don't remember much at all.'

Doctors at the city hospital where she was treated for burns to the mouth and rear said: 'The accident is bizarre but not impossible.'
She was wearing rubber bathroom shoes at the time and so instead of earthing through her feet it appears the electricity shot out of her backside," a medic told local newspaper, 24 Sata. "


(Excerpt from "Lightning Exits Woman's Bottom", http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20548077-13762,00.html)

3 comments:

Randy said...

Considering how grievously that war-torn region has suffered over the last two decades, it's good to see that the people again have such simple pleasures as running water, toothpaste, and lightning.

Dave said...

I wonder if she has any special powers now.

Randy said...

Yes, she can now run the 40 in 2.7 seconds. Unfortunately, the entire country is essentially one big minefield, so her special power is really more of a tease than anything.